That got me thinking about how back in July, being bald alarmed me. Five months later, I’m still glad baldness is temporary, but I also see an upside.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, here’s my list of The Top Ten Reasons to be Thankful for Being Bald:
10. You save a bundle on shampoo and conditioner.
9. Month after month, you never have to shave your legs.
8. No eyelashes to get stuck in your eyes.
7. You get to laugh out loud when your friend, Dot, recites Fuzzy Wuzzy Was a Bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy Had no Hair!
6. No jaunts to the hairdresser to choke on nail lacquer or hairspray fumes.
5. Your annual skin check at the dermatologist is easier when she can actually see your scalp.
4. You never have a bad hair day.
3. No fretting about grays.
2. You can put on your husband’s goofy hair hat, rock the Guy Fieri look, and remember not to take yourself too seriously.
And the # 1 Reason to be Thankful for Being Bald:
This too shall pass. Your hair grows back!
“They” say you don’t always get the hair you had before chemo. Salt-and-pepper might grow back gray and curly might come in straight. I liked the wash-and-wear-just-enough-curl in my old hair, but to show up Fuzzy Wuzzy, I’ll take what I get.
Did I miss anything on my Top Ten Reasons to Be Thankful for Being Bald? And, what’s on your list of things you once dreaded and learned to be thankful for?
P.S. To thank you for stopping by, I’m running a Thanks-Giveaway. Win e-book copies of CAPE MAYBE and PEACE BY PIECE.
Easy to enter:
1. Follow this link to my Facebook Author Page
2. Like my Facebook Author Page (on the banner at the top)
3. Look for the Thanks-Giveaway post and confirm in comments that you liked the page
That’s it; 3 simple steps and you are entered. For a bonus entry, share the link on your FB timeline or tweet so your friends can enter too.